- News & Events
The Commerce Department’s National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) is dedicated to enhancing economic security and national safety through research to better understand weather and climate-related events and to manage wisely our nation’s coastal and marine resources.
From daily weather forecasts, severe storm warnings and climate monitoring to fisheries management, coastal restoration and supporting marine commerce, NOAA’s products and services support economic vitality and affect more than one-third of America’s gross domestic product. NOAA’s dedicated scientists use cutting-edge research and high-tech instrumentation to provide citizens, planners, emergency managers and other decision makers with reliable information they need when they need it.
NOAA’s roots date back to 1807, when the Nation’s first scientific agency, the Survey of the Coast, was established. Since then, NOAA has evolved to meet the needs of a changing country. NOAA maintains a presence in every state and has emerged as an international leader on scientific and environmental matters.
NOAA’s mission touches the lives of every American and we are proud of our role in protecting life and property and conserving and protecting natural resources.
News & Events
- How You Can Help Oklahoma Tornado Victims
- Emergency Visions is Exhibiting at the International Disaster Conference and Exposition in New Orleans from January 8-10th 2013
- Emergency Visions Attends 22nd CLEAN GULF Conference
- Emergency Visions is Exhibiting at the Miami All Hazards-All Stakeholders Summit 2012
- Sandy Could be an Unprecedented Storm